Sheffield Local Optometric Committee

Sheffield LOC AGM 24th May 2011

Sheffield Local Optical Committee

Annual General Meeting (AGM) Minutes

Held: Tuesday 24th May 2011

Present: Phil Banton (PB), Helen Bailey (HB), Shirley Blundell (SB), Gerry Cowley (GC), Mike Daybell (MD), Rob Hughes (RH – Chair), Tanveer Hussain (TH), David Inman (DI), Habib Shah (HS), Helen Wilkinson (HW)

Guest: James Allen (JA) Alastair Mew (AM), Richard Oliver (RO), David Timmings (DT)

Attendees: Louise Lambert (LL) (Minutes)

Apologies: Alex Gage (AG) Steven Haigh (SH), Azad Nawaz (AN), Susan Wilford (SW)

1. Minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the last meeting held on Monday 11th April 2010 were accepted as a correct record. Proposed by HB and seconded by PB

2. Correspondence
None

3. Secretary’s report
Attached

4. Treasurer’s report
Attached – Areas discussed in further detail were;
• HB to enquiry with other LOC’s regarding voluntarily levy to Central LOC fund.
Action HB to report back findings
• Increased the statuary levy by a quarter of a percent, from 0.75% to 1%, to cover the proposed 0.5% LOCSU payment, proposed by HB, seconded by PB.

5. Chairperson’s comment
Attached

6. Appointment of Auditors
DI to continue as appointed auditor.
80

7. Any other business

RO took the opportunity to thank LOC and acknowledge the support received by PCT, including open dialog regarding schemes, Primary Eyecare Acute Referral Scheme (PEARS), Contact Applanation Tonometry Service (CATS) and Paediatric Referral Refinement (PRR) are all progressing and are positive changes. LOC is a professional body which sits in a positive position for the future, a pleasure to work with.

A summary of the accounts will be presented to members by email. In the interest of transparency the group discussed the possibility of presenting the summary on the website. The general statement and the full set of accounts are available at the end of May 2011, however if the committee did want to review anything HB had brought all of the appropriate paperwork to the meeting.

8. Date for next meeting:
To be confirmed May 2012.

Meeting closed at 20:15hrs

« Back to the archives

Next Meeting:

Holiday Inn hotel,
Blonk St
Sheffield
S1 2AB

at 7.30 pm Tues 1st Aug

Mailing List

Join our mailing list